Tuesday, May 18, 2010

#42 Baskets Anyone?



If the results for an internet search of the words 'flower girl' is anything to go by, people subject their flower girls to a whole lot of scary.
I'm talking cringe worthy hideous. In numerous layers. Upon layer. Upon layer...

So I was wading through these marshmallowy nightmares and I started wondering...Do they know? These brides I mean? Do they they know it's so very 'ugh'? Is it a misguided budget decision perhaps? Or is this actually the taste of the majority as google would have me believe?
Most importantly- HOW DO I KNOW I'M NOT ONE OF THEM???
How do I know that my taste too, does not make people desperate to steal one of those drowning in kitsch flower girls baskets away to use as a sick bag substitute?
Calm down now eh?

I also wondered how I've lasted this long without starting a 'worst of' blog.

Anyway, I've been pretty wedding slack lately but I think I'm finally getting my wedding mojo back. So rejoice dear friends! Or despair? ;)

Here's some flower girl baskets that I think are pretty sweet. Minus the puffy stuff!
My favourite overall is the second one, it's quite unique I think?



The centre one with the lavender in this next row - I don't actually like, but I like the concept.
Loving the Chrysanthemums and the Succulents.
Fun fact: Apparently you're not supposed to be able to kill Succulents... I can kill any plant. It's a talent.













I already have my ring 'pillow' picked out but I think this one is a bit awesome too!


Is there anything you have ever loved, wedding or not, that you look back on later and ask yourself "WHY?"
Others than ex's of course! Ha.
Do share!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment