Sunday, June 5, 2011

#125 Doily Decor

Yesterday got me thinking. Uh oh? Yes, uh oh is probably right, because what I was thinking is that it's been a while since I had a good doily fix.
What is it with me & doilies? 
Am I being selfish & indulgent by basking in my love for them? Well, yes.
Have I made it my mission in life to sway people in their hatred for them? Certainly.
Seriously, how could you resist when I bring you photos like these...

  
vintage doily bunting by princess allure & vintage doily bunting via little birdie secrets

Vintage doily bunting - Reserved for Julie Q  Vintage doily bunting - Reserved for Julie Q
vintage doily bunting via ravenhill on etsy

  
vintage doily bunting by a red toadstool & vintage doily edged tablecloth by little birdie secrets

valentine's day
vintage doily table runner via style me pretty from ashley ann photography

Convert yet? Almost? Don't worry lovelies, I won't give up...
How gorgeous is that slightly different take on the bunting using just the little pieces? I'm going to have a go at making some of that for sure. I also think that table runner is one of the best I have seen, the photography is pretty perfect too!

Well. That was enjoyable. For me anyway! Never mind though, I'll go back to suppressing my doily lust now...

C x

3 comments:

  1. Convert? Hells yes! I love these images! Might just have to attempt the table runner with my new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! It's on my To Do list :)

    ReplyDelete